Why should you believe in Platinum Silicone?
Why you should choose Platinum Grade Silicone for your baby:
- Platinum grade silicone is a higher quality silicone that is used in more demanding applications, such as medical and aerospace industries.
- It is made from the same high-quality silicone as food grade silicone, but is processed differently and undergoes additional purification steps.
- Platinum grade silicone is free from impurities, and has excellent temperature resistance, durability, and flexibility.
- It is also non-toxic and safe for food contact, withstanding temperatures up to 450°F (232°C).
- Platinum grade silicone is an ideal material for baby products, as it is soft and flexible, making it easy for babies to handle and comfortable to use.
- However, platinum grade silicone can be more expensive than food grade silicone due to its additional purification and processing steps.
Why we strongly advocate for parents to use Platinum Silicone:
- Safe for babies: Platinum silicone is free of harmful chemicals like BPA, BPS, PVC, phthalates, and lead, and can withstand temperatures up to 450°F (232°C), making it a safe material for baby products.
- Durable: Platinum silicone can withstand high temperatures and repeated use without breaking down or deteriorating, making it a long-lasting material for baby products.
- Non-toxic: Platinum silicone is non-toxic and does not release any harmful substances when heated up to 450°F (232°C), making it safe to use for food contact.
- Easy to clean: Platinum silicone is easy to clean and can be washed in a dishwasher or by hand without retaining odors or stains.
- Soft and flexible: Platinum silicone is soft and flexible, with a texture similar to rubber, making it easy for babies to pick up and handle their food without the risk of injury.
Reasons why standard grade silicone is insufficient for baby-led weaning plates:
- Safety concerns: Standard grade silicone may contain harmful chemicals like BPA, BPS, PVC, phthalates, and lead, which can be harmful to babies.
- Durability: Standard grade silicone may not be as durable as platinum silicone, and it may not withstand high temperatures or repeated use without breaking down or deteriorating, making it dangerous for the baby as there will be bacteria buildup.
- Toxicity: Standard grade silicone may release even more toxic substances when heated or used for food contact above 356°F (180°C), making it unsafe for baby products.
- Difficult to clean: Standard grade silicone may be difficult to clean and may retain odors and stains after repeated use or exposure to heat.
- Rigid: Standard grade silicone may be rigid and not as soft or flexible as platinum silicone, making it difficult for babies to handle their food comfortably and safely.